Weighing under 3.5 pounds and only 10.27" x 7.8" x 1.55", the LifeBook P5000 series notebook combines an ultraportable form factor, a high-performance Intel Pentium M processor, and unprecedented entertainment functionality to create a mobile solution ideal for professionals, students, and technology enthusiasts alike.
With both modem and Ethernet built-in, you have flexibility in how you connect to your office network or the Internet. For even greater flexibility, the integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 (802.11b) module provides connectivity to corporate access points and public hot spots. It also supports the Wi-Fi Protected Access standard for the highest level of wireless security.
The LifeBook P5000 series notebook design includes a variety of ports, including two USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, S-Video, Optical Digital Out, external monitor, and audio connectors. In addition, for fast and easy storage/transfer of music, pictures and data, the LifeBook P5000 series notebook is equipped with dedicated Memory Stick /SD and Compact Flash card slots - features that separate this notebook from the pack. A computer that adapts to your workstyle: the unique modular bay of the LifeBook P5000 series notebook accommodates the DVD/CD-RW combo drive an optional bay battery, or a weight saver module. When configured with this module, the LifeBook P5000 series notebook weighs less than 3.5 pounds.
Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook P5020 Laptop Technical Specifications:
- Ultra Low Voltage Mobile Intel® Pentium® M processor 1 GHz
- 1MB on-die L2 cache
- 400MHz system bus speed
- Intel 855GM
- 256 MB minimum, 512 MB, or 1 GB maximum; one dimm slot
- 10.6" wide-format XGA TFT display
- Internal max: 1280 x 768 resolution, 16M colors
- External max: 1600 x 1200 resolution, 16M colors
- Intel 855GM chipset with up to 64 MB shared memory delivers low-power, high-performance 2D/3D graphics, video, and display capabilities. Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) dynamically responds to application requirements and efficiently allocates the proper amount of memory (max. of 64 MB) for optimal graphics and system peformance.
- Simultaneous support for external monitor and internal display
- Multi screen display support for graphic editing or presentation
- 60 GB or 40 GB hard drive²
- External USB floppy disk drive (optional)
- Modular DVD/CD-RW combo drive (8x DVD/16X CD-R/24X CD)
- Also supports optional modular bay battery
- Realtek ALC202 with 16-bit stereo sound
- Lineout/Optical Digital Out (SPDIF)
- Headphone and microphone jacks
- Dolby® Headphone Utility to emulate realistic surround using conventional stereo headphones while watching movies.
- Built-in multinational³ 56K4 V.90 modem and 10/100 Ethernet (V.92 drivers available for download)
- Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 WiFi®-certified wireless LAN (802.11b) with on/off switch
- Touchpad with scroll button
- 82-key full-size keyboard with 18 mm key pitch and 2 mm key stroke
- Two USB 2.0, mini-S Video (adapter provided), Mini-VGA (adapter provided), RJ-11 (modem), and RJ-45 (Ethernet) ports, IEEE 1394
- Compact Flash card slot, and Memory Stick PRO/SD Card slot
- Type I or Type II (one slot)
- 32-bit PC CardBus architecture
- Up to 6 hours5 with standard high-capacity main lithium ion battery
- Up to 11 hours5 with standard high-capacity main battery plus Modular Bay battery
- Auto-sensing dual voltage support, AC100-240V
- DC 16V, 3.36A
- 10.27"(w) x 7.80"(d) x 1.55"(h)
- Only 3.85 lbs with combo drive and high-capacity main battery
- Approximately 3.4 lbs with weight saver and high-capacity main battery
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Windows XP Professional or Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Works®, Quicken®, New User Edition 2003, Adobe® Acrobat Reader, Earthlink®, Fujitsu HotKey Utility, PowerQuest® Drive Image™ Special Edition, McAfee VirusScan7 Online; Netscape®, Microsoft® Internet Explorer, WinDVD4, RecordNow
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader, Netscape® 7, Microsoft® Internet Explorer, Norton Anti-Virus 20037, PowerQuest® Drive Image™ Special Edition, WinDVD4, RecordNow and Fujitsu BatteryAid.
- Depending upon your system configuration, you may also receive the following applications: Record Now! and Intervideo WinDVD4
- Energy Star-compliant
- FCC part 15 Class B and Subpart "C"
- UL and cUL approved
- Industry Canada RSS210
- CE Mark, ETS 300-826
- One-year/Three-year International Limited Warranty6
- 24x7 technical support
- Fujitsu Premium Care service plans available
²Accessible capacity may be less due to formatting, applications, and backup utilities. For maximum user convenience and confidence, 1.5 GB of the drive is partitioned and the original factory image is stored there. PowerQuest® Drive Image® Special Edition, a system recovery utility, can be used to restore the computer to its original state at any time.
³The internal modems on Fujitsu notebooks of Fujitsu PC Corporation are only qualified for use with telephone systems in selected countries, including the United States and Canada. For a list of certified countries, please check www.computers.us.fujitsu.com/modems
4Actual speeds over U.S. telephone lines vary, and are less than 56 Kbps due to current FCC regulations and line conditions.
5Battery life estimates reflect the results of Ziff Davis Business Winstone 2001 BatteryMark 1.0 as performed upon systems with maximum battery life setting enabled. Actual battery life will vary based on screen brightness, applications used, features selected, power management settings, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. CD, DVD, CD-RW, or hard drive usage may also have a significant impact on battery life. Requires optional high-capacity battery and optional second bay battery for optimal battery life.
6Service and warranty turnaround time may vary by country and product. International warranty valid only for products purchased in North, Central, and South America.
7Preinstalled with a free 90-day trial version of Symantec?s Norton AntiVirus? 2003. The 90-day trial version is activated upon user's acceptance of software license agreement.After 90 days, the user must purchase a subscription from Symantec to download latest virus definitions.