Rescue and Recovery v3.1 is a suite of self-recovery tools to help you diagnose, get help, and recover your system. Each package contains all of the files necessary to install a single language version of Rescue and Recovery v3.1.
Installation with SafeGuard Easy
If Sophos SafeGuard Easy v4.20.1 or greater is installed on your system, then you do not need to uninstall before upgrading to v3.1 of Rescue and Recovery. If you have installed Sophos SafeGuard Easy v4.1 or v4.2 with a previous installation of Rescue and Recovery, you must upgrade SafeGuard Easy to v4.20.1 before installing Rescue and Recovery v3.1. To find the version level of your software, start the program, click Help, then click About.
|Rescue and Recovery Version||Compatible Version(s) of SafeGaurd Easy|
|1.0 build 1033||4.10|
|2.0 build 1182||4.10|
|3.0.1027 or 3.01.1037||4.20 or 4.20.1|
|3.1.1017 or 3.1.1022||4.20.1|
Downloading the package
Each package listed above contains all of the files necessary to install a single language version of Rescue and Recovery v3.1. Select the package that best fits your language needs.
- Click the file links to download the files from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
Note: These instructions are specific to the English version. If you are using another language, substitute your two character language code (ie - gr for German, sp for Spanish, etc.) for the characters 'en' in each of the listed paths and filenames.
- Click Start, select Find or Search, then click Files and folders.
- Type tvtrnr31_1022en.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the tvtrnr31_1022en.exe icon.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVERS\TVTRNR31_1022EN.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive and the installation routine will start automatically.
- Click Finish.
- Click Start, then click Run.
- Type C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVERS\TVTRNR31_1022EN\tvtrnr31_1022.exe, then click OK.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Alternatative installation methods of this same version