|ThinkPad X23 Access IBM system help file|
|3.0||22 Apr 2004||Download|
This package provides the software support for the Access ThinkPad Online User Guide.
This release supports the following system:
- ThinkPad X23, X24
Supported operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
Note: This is the same software that shipped with the system and does not provide enhancements or updates to the existing software.
Downloadable tools are also available for enterprise customers so that they can customize Access ThinkPad by adding content for their company's specific needs.
Click here for instructions on how to transfer files greater than 1.44 MB to multiple floppies.
The following steps are needed to activate the "ThinkPad" button. This button will launch Access ThinkPad application
- Before installing the Access ThinkPad package, the ThinkPad Configuration Utility for Windows 98/Me/2000/XP must be installed and the ThinkPad Hot Key Utility.
- Start Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. If using Windows 2000/XP logon with administrative privileges.
- Click the file link above to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
- After the file download has completed, click Start, point to Find or Search, then click Files and folders.
- Type the filename you downloaded in the search box, then click Find Now. This will locate the file on your system.
- Double-click the icon for file you just downloaded and follow the prompts on the screen to extract the files. Ensure that Save files in folder is set to C:\DRIVERS\ATP_PKG\.
- Once the files are extracted, click Start, then click Run.
- In the Open field, type C:\DRIVERS\ATP_PKG\SETUP.EXE to install the application. Click the OK button to start the installation process. If you extracted the files to a different location, specify that location instead.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Start Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. If using Windows 2000 logon with administrative privileges.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Select ThinkPad Assistant.
- Click the Change/Remove button.
- Restart the system