Delivering touch screen capability, long battery life, and Windows computing power, the innovative LifeBook U820 convertible mini-notebook is stylish, super compact, and ultra lightweight starting at a mere 1.32 lbs, yet offering full Windows functionality for on-the-go users. The built-in GPS-functionality turns this unit into a Garmin Mobile® PC powered navigation system.
• Intel® Atom™ Processor Z530
• 5.6" WXGA Crystal View display with touch screen
• Integrated Webcam and Fingerprint Sensor
• 1 GB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM memory (1 GB x 1)
• Built-in GPS receiver and integrated Garmin Mobile PC
• Atheros XSPAN® (802.11a/b/g/draft-n), Integrated Bluetooth wireless
Fujitsu Lifebook U820 Mini-Notebook Specifications:
|Operating Systems||Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 and Microsoft Works 9.0 and Microsoft Office Home and Student Trial |
Genuine Windows Vista Business with Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 and Microsoft Office Ready PC: Microsoft Office Professional 2007 (60-Day Trial)
|Bundled Software||Adobe Reader, ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2, Microsoft Origami for Vista (Genuine Windows Vista models only), OmniPass Fingerprint application (located in “3rd Party Software” folder on Desktop), Fujitsu Driver Update utility, Microsoft Office Ready PC with Office Activation Assistant, Microsoft Works with Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Edition (Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium only), Microsoft Office OneNote 2007|
|Processor||Intel AtomTM Processor Z530 (1.6GHz, 32+24KB L1 Cache, 512KB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB )|
|Memory||1 GB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM dual-channel memory|
|Display||LCD||5.6-inch Crystal View WXGA, Touch screen|
Internal 1280 x 800 resolution, 16M colors
External 1280 x 1024 resolution, 16M colors
Simultaneous: Windows Vista mode: 1024 x 600 pixel resolution
|Video Controller||Intel System Controller Hub US15W. Up to 224 MB shared |
|Digitzer||Passive Touch Screen|
|Webcam||Integrated 1.3 mega-pixel webcam|
|Hard Drive2||60 GB or 120 GB, 1.8-inch Parallel ATA Ultra DMA 100 (4200rpm); Shock-mounted Optional 64 GB solid state drive|
|Audio||Audio Realtek™ Codec ALC269 with High Definition (HD) audio.|
|Communication||Realtek™ 8101L 10/100 Ethernet LAN (with included cable)|
|Wireless Communication||Optional Bluetooth v2.1, Integrated Atheros XSPAN (802.11a/b/g/draft-n)|
|GPS||GPS Navigation: Built-in GPS receiver and integrated Garmin Mobile PC|
|User Interface||Keyboard with Glide Point: 68 key, 15 mm key pitch, 13.0 mm key stroke; Left click and right click buttons, Fingerprint Sensor |
|Connector Interface||Secure Digital (SD) Card slot |
One Compact Flash (CF) slot
One USB 2.0 (Universal Serial Bus) connector, for input/output devices,
One DC In connector
Port Replicator connector (also accommodates external video/LAN cable adapter),
One stereo headphone jack ,
One stereo microphone jack
|Card Slots||1 x Type I/II CF Card slot|
1 x Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
|Security||User and supervisor BIOS password3, Boot Sector Write Prevention, |
Fingerprint Sensor, Kensington Lock Slot, BIOS support for Computrace/LoJack theft recovery system (Service required).
|Battery Life1||Standard Lithium ion battery: 2-cell, 7.2V 2900mAh; rated up to 3 hrs. 30 mins.|
High-capacity Lithium ion: 4-cells, 7.2V, 5200mAh; rated up to 7 hrs. 30 mins.
|AC Adapter||Input AC 100~240V, Output DC 16V 60W, 4.22A|
|Dimensions and Weight||With 2-cell battery: Approximately 6.73"(w) x 5.31"(d) x 1.16"/1.46"(h) |
With 4-cell battery: Approximately 6.73"(w) x 6.14"(d) x 1.16"/1.46"(h)
Starting at approx. 1.32 lbs.
|Operating Temperature||41°F to 95°F/5°C to 35°C (ambient temperature); 20% to 85% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Non-operating Temperature||5°F to 140°F/-15°C to 60°C, 8% to 85% relative humidity, non-condensing |
|Key Accessories||Docking Cradle Connector Interface: USB 2.0 x 4, VGA (external display), RJ45 (LAN), Power Adapter DC-in|
|For a full list of accessories, visit www.shopfujitsu.com or call 1-800-FUJITSU|
|Compliance & Service Information|
|Warranty4||One- or three-year International Limited Warranty on select corporate configurations; 24/7 technical support; Fujitsu extended service plans available.|
- Battery life estimates reflect the results of BAPCo MobileMark2007 Productivity Workloads performed upon systems with battery life setting enabled on Windows Vista operating systems. Actual battery life will vary based on screen brightness, applications used, features selected, power management settings, battery conditioning, and other customer preferences. DVD/CD-RW, DVD Writer, LAN, wireless LAN or hard drive usage may also have a significant impact on battery life.
- One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; accessible capacity will be less and actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting.
- BIOS Lock needs a supervisor/user password to access BIOS setup. BIOS settings can be configured to prompt for password at every first bootup or all bootup sequences. Access to BIOS setup is needed to configure Hard Disk Lock. Hard Disk Lock requires an access key to retrieve data on the hard disk. This is a Data Confidentiality security feature. LifeBook Lock requires a supervisor/user password to bootup the LifeBook when it powers up or resumes last session from suspend/hibernate mode. This is an anti-theft feature with more than 800,000 password combinations using the buttons on the Quick Launch Panel. Anti-theft Lock Slot allows the use of a lock to physically secure the LifeBook. Smartcard slot usage is dependent on customer's solution. Fingerprint sensor uses AuthenTec TruePrint™ Technology and Softex OmniPass to remember customer list of user IDs and passwords. Full security unlock sequence - LifeBook Lock, Bootup Lock (BIOS Lock), Hard Disk Lock, Fingerprint Windows Logon. NOTE: Loss of password requires the LifeBook to be returned to Japan factory for system refresh. Cost of shipment and lost data will be borne by the customer. Backup your user's profile before changing HDD. Without the user's profile associated with a document at the point of encryption, Softex OmniPass cannot decrypt the encrypted document.
- Service and warranty turnaround time may vary by country and product. The International warranty is only valid for products purchased in North, Central, and South America.