The ultimate in our performance P Series notebooks, the P-173XL FX Edition Notebook is packed with a powerful Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor1, the advanced 64-bit SP1 version of Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate, discrete NVIDIA® 8800M GTS graphics with 512MB discrete memory, and 4GB of onboard RAM. Throw it in your backpack and head to a LAN party, or set up an impromptu coffeetable theatre with the P-173XL FX's massive, vibrant WUXGA 17" 1920 x 1200 Ultrabright® widescreen. DVDs still packed away? You can store tons of movies on this laptop's giant hard drive.
Specs at a glance:
- Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.40GHz, 800MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache)
- Genuine Microsoft® Windows Vista® Ultimate (64-bit) SP1
- FX Design with Copper Core Accent
- 4096MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-2048MB modules)
- 400GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ Raid 0 (2-200GB hard drives)
- Intel® PM965 Chipset
|Gateway P-173XL FX Edition Notebook Detailed Specifications|
|Processor||Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor1 T8300 (2.40GHz, 800MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache)|
|Operating System||Genuine Microsoft® Windows Vista® Ultimate (64-bit) SP1|
|Color||FX Design with Copper Core Accent|
|Memory||4096MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-2048MB modules)|
|Hard Drive||400GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ Raid 0 (2-200GB hard drives)2|
|Chassis||Intel® PM965 Chipset|
|Adapter||120 Watt AC Adapter|
|Application Software||No Application Software|
|Audio||High-Definition Audio- 2 Channel, Built-In speakers, embedded microphone, headphone/speaker jack, and microphone jacks|
|Backup Media||Cyberlink Power2Go|
|Battery||Primary 9 Cell Lithium Ion battery (7800mAH) w/ 1 Yr. limited battery warranty6|
|Dimensions (System)||1.3"-1.70" (H) x 15.75" (W) x 11.75" (D)|
|Display||17.0" WUXGA Ultrabright TFT Active Matrix (1920 x 1200 max. resolution)|
|External Ports||(3) USB 2.0, VGA Connector, V1.2 HDMI Connector, IEEE 1394 Firewire Port, e-SATA and Kensington Lock Slot|
|Fingerprint Reader||Fingerprint Reader|
|Finished Goods||Brushed-metal precision-touch multimedia control panel, featuring smooth-cut keys and touch-sensitive volume adjustment.|
|Finished Goods||Cyberlink Label Printer for Windows Vista|
|Keyboard and Mouse||Full-Size Keyboard, Synaptics Touchpad with Vertical Scroll and Dedicated Multimedia Panel|
|Media Card Reader||5-in-1 media card reader (Memory Stick®, MemoryStick Pro®, MultiMediaCard™, Secure Digital™, xD-Picture Card)|
|Memory Capacity||Maximum 4GB|
|Modem||Integrated V.92 56K modem|
|Network||Integrated RealTek 10/100/1000 Ethernet Adapter|
|Operating System Backup Media||Microsoft® Windows Vista® Ultimate Media (64-bit)|
|Optical Drive||8x Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM featuring Labelflash™ Technology5|
|Security Software||Norton 360 All-in-One Security™ 2008 (60-day trial with live updates)4|
|Software Documentation||End User License Agreement for Non-Microsoft Software|
|Standard Software||Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0|
|Video||NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800M GTS with 512MB of GDDR3 discrete video memory|
|Warranty||1 Year Basic (Tech Support - Parts - Factory Labor)6|
|Web Camera||Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Web Cam|
|Weight||Starting at 9.2 pounds|
|Wireless Network||Integrated Intel® 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wireless Networking|
- 1 Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- 2 Accessible capacity varies. MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes; TB = 1 trillion bytes.
- 3 Service methods are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- 4 A 60-day complimentary subscription to the Norton offering is included. An Internet connection is required.
- 5 Labelflash™ media required. For more information, visit the Labelflash™ Web site.
- 6 Limited warranties and service agreements apply; visit www.gateway.com or call 800-846-2000 for a free copy. Service agreements are issued and performed by third parties. May not be available in all locations. Phone charges may apply for tech support. Accidental Damage Protection not available in all states. If a plan is purchased, an on-site service technician will be sent if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.