Rescue and Recovery v3.1 is a suite of self-recovery tools to help you diagnose, get help, and recover your system. Each package contains all of the files necessary to install a single language version of Rescue and Recovery v3.1.
Downloading the package
Each package listed above contains all of the files necessary to install a single language version of Rescue and Recovery v3.1. Select the package that best fits your language needs.
- Click the file links to download the files from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
Note: These instructions are specific to the English version. If you are using another language, substitute your two character language code (ie - gr for German, sp for Spanish, etc.) for the characters 'en' in each of the listed paths and filenames.
- Click Start, select Find or Search, then click Files and folders.
- Type tvtrnr31_1017en.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the tvtrnr31_1017en.exe icon.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVERS\TVTRNR31_1017EN.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive and the installation routine will start automatically.
- Click Finish.
- Click Start, then click Run.
- Type C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVERS\TVTRNR31_1017EN\tvtrnr31_1017.exe, then click OK.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.