This update fix WER crash issue on Windows 7 when launch System Update and click splash window. This issue happens under condition that System Update service is not yet started on startup.
- System Update 4.00 and 4.01
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 (or higher)
- Click the Help link in the Welcome screen.
- Click About.
- The version information is displayed.
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type su_win7_patch_111025.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the su_win7_patch_111025.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating A program needs your permission to continue.
If you see this dialog, click Continue.
Note: During the installation process, make sure to select the checkbox next to Install System Update patch (20111025) for Windows 7 WER crash now, and then click Finish.
- Installation will complete.