|Chipset||Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset|
|Processors1||2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Processors|
- Intel Core i7-2820QM Processor (2.30 GHz, 8MB L3 cache, 4 cores/8 threads, 45 W) Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i7-2720QM Processor (2.20 GHz, 6MB L3 cache, 4 cores/8 threads, 45 W) Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor (2.00 GHz, 6MB L3 cache, 4 cores/8 threads, 45 W) Up to 2.90 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i7-2620M Processor (2.70 GHz, 4MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35 W) Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
2nd Generation Intel Core i5 Processors
- Intel Core i5-2540M Processor (2.60 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35 W) Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i5-2520M Processor (2.50 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35 W) Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- AMD FirePro M5950 with 1GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)
- AMD Eyefinity Technology supports up to five independent displays (requires discrete graphics configuration) when using an HP Advanced Docking station.
- NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)
- NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)
- 15.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD+ WVA anti-glare (1600 x 900 resolution)
- 15.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit FHD WVA anti-glare (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- 15.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit FHD UWVA anti-glare DreamColor (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Optional HP Privacy Filter
External (Up to 32-bit per pixel color depth)
- DisplayPort supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, 30-bit color depth at 60 Hz, and full HD (1920 x 1080) monitors, 24-bit color depth at 120 Hz.
- VGA port supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 75 Hz, and lower resolutions at up to 100 Hz.
- DVI-D (single link) video signal available through DVI port in optional HP Docking Station (sold separately) supports resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at both full and reduced blanking, and 1920 x 1200 at reduced blanking.
- DDR3 PC3-10600 SDRAM (1,333 MHz)
- Two or four SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory
- 2GB, 4GB and 8GB SODIMMs
- Upgradeable to 32GB with (4) 8GB SODIMMs
- Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.
- Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- 56K V.92 modem
|Keyboard||The HP spill-resistant keyboard is designed using a thin layer of Mylar film under the keyboard and a drain system that funnels fluid through a hole in the bottom of the notebook. This minimizes the risk of damage to sensitive components underneath. The 101/102-key compatible keyboard features a full-pitch key layout with desktop keyboard features such as editing keys, both left and right control and alt keys, function keys, and 19.05 x 19.05 mm key pitch (center-to-center spacing). U.S. and International key layouts are available. Other features include hot keys for instant access to power conservation and brightness and a separate numeric keypad.|
|Launch buttons and function keys||Separate launch buttons provide easy access to the following features:|
- Wireless on/off
- Volume mute
- HP QuickWeb
- Calculator launch button
Function keys provide control of the following features:
- Standby mode
- External display
- Volume down
- Volume up
- HP Power Assistant
- Display brightness
- Touchpad with on/off button (double-tap to activate/de-activate), two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons.
- Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons.
|Internal storage||Hard drives|
- 320/500/750GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II
- 320GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II Self Encrypting Drive
HP 3D DriveGuard (Windows only)
- The hard drive is mounted directly to the notebook frame, reducing the transmission of shock to the hard drive. Uses three-axis digital motion detection with intelligent sensitivity to help protect the hard drive during normal use from shock and vibration. The digital accelerometer temporarily halts all data transfer and parks the hard drive when abrupt motion is detected.
Solid State Drive
|Expansion card slots|
- Supports ExpressCard/54
- Compatible with ISO 7816-compliant Smart Cards PC/SC interface support.
- Supports SD (Secure Digital), MMC (MultiMedia Card)
- HP 8-cell (83 WHr) Li-Ion battery
- HP Long Life 8-cell (75 WHr) Li-Ion battery
Secondary battery options
- HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (9 cell, 100 WHr)
- HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (9 cell, 73 WHr)
|System standby time||Up to 1 week|
NOTE: 1. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance. Processor speed denotes maximum performance mode; processors will run at lower speeds in battery optimization mode.2. Resolutions are dependent upon monitor capability, resolution and color depth settings.3. Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If one mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed. Full availability of 4GB or more of memory requires a Windows 64-bit operating system or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, the amount of usable memory is dependent upon your configuration, so that above 3GB all memory may not be available due to system resource requirements.4. The term 10/100/1000 or Gigabit Ethernet indicates compatibility with IEEE standard 802.3ab for Gigabit Ethernet, and does not connote actual operating speed of 1 Gb/s. For high-speed transmission, connection to a Gigabit Ethernet server and network infrastructure is required. 56K V.92 modem designed for downloads from 56K modem compliant sources. Maximum achievable download transmission rates currently do not reach 56 KB/s, and will vary with line conditions. Modem availability is subject to country regulatory approval.