The ThinkPad X200 notebook is packed with a host of new technologies that include a Solid State Drive (SSD), an optional integrated camera, a new 9-cell battery and a larger ergonomic keyboard for improved comfort and productivity. It also features an updated version of Access Connections for improved and simplified connectivity. For added protection, ThinkVantage Client Security Solution with an Integrated Fingerprint Reader is another innovative feature that comes with this smart notebook to help secure data against potential intruders.
The new ThinkPad systems are also EPEAT Silver rated. Equally reassuring is the fact that all ThinkPad X Series models enjoy worldwide, round-the-clock service and support and come with an industry-leading warranty. Optional services like ThinkPad Protection which provide repair and replacement services further help in protecting these assets.
ULTRAPORTA BLE CO NNECTIVITY
• Multiple connectivity options available including WiMAX (available later in 2008 in U.S. only) and Integrated Wireless USB over Ultra Wide Band (UWB) models (available later in 2008 in U.S. and Japan only)
• Unified Wireless WAN – Wireless Broadband (WWAN) antenna design to provide superior performance in connectivity, options and global roaming
• GPS (available in WWAN models)
• Updated version of the ThinkVantage® Technology Access C onnections™ for improved and simplified connectivity
• Extremely lightweight: ThinkPad® X200 notebook starts at 2.95 lb/1.34 kg
• All day computing experience with up to 9.8 hours of battery life. Other battery options also available if battery life matters more than the weight of the machine
• Increased keyboard size in an ultraportable system for a great typing experience
• Improved speaker performance combined with an optional integrated camera and digital microphone
• New 12.1" widescreen display
• Optional Solid State Drive for improved performance, reliability and battery life
• 2.5" HDD for great capacity (7200rpm and 5400rpm drives)
• Legendary ThinkPad reliability and durability
• Powerful Intel® normal-volt processor CPUs
• Select models feature next generation Intel® Turbo Memory
ULTRA PROTECTED and ULTRA SECURE
• Shock-mounted hard drive
• Magnesium-alloy top and bottom cover
• Spill-resistant keyboard
• Optional Full Disk Encryption (FDE)
• Optional Fingerprint Reader
• 32-byte pre-boot authentication
• Option to disable all the input and output ports
• Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
Outstanding Battery Life
- Ou tstand ing Battery Life: A new Power Management feature enables extended battery life up to 9.8 hr. The enhanced BatteryStretch feature allows users to select the most efficient power management on demand.
- Improved Productivity: An increased keyboard size provides a unique typing experience in the ultraportable space. In addition, widescreen panels offer improved multitasking functionality and a more “cinematic” experience when viewing media.
- Cool and quiet: A focused air flow design provides cooler systems and balanced temperatures across the system. The new fan design also guarantees super quiet computing.
The ThinkPad X200 notebook has achieved an EPEAT Silver rating and an Energy Star 4.0 certification. This new ThinkPad notebook also consumes less power when compared to previous generation notebooks.
What else makes the ThinkPad X Series so “green”?
- One of the most energy-efficient ThinkPad notebooks
- Increased power efficiency with the BatteryStretch feature
- Less power consumption with Solid State Drives compared to standard hard drives
Adobe Acrobat Reader; Microsoft Office Ready 2007; Windows Live Toolbar & Search; McAfee VirusScan Plus with 30 days of virus definition updates; Creator Business Edition (combo models); Creator Business Edition + MY DVD (Rambo); Intervideo WinDVD (DVD models only); Intervideo WinDVD Creator (DVD models only); PC-Doctor diagnostics; Sun JRE; ThinkPad Utilities (Power Manager and Presentation Director); ThinkVantage Access Connections; ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software; ThinkVantage Productivity Center; ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery; ThinkVantage System Update; ThinkVantage Client Security Solution.